Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What happaned between year 2005 to 2006?!

Ok I gotta record something between year 2005 to year2006. It would be better to let me flashback after 10 years or something. Maybe i am writing these to people thought i was slacking or bitching for that period. I couldn't achieve any new level in art if i don't sacrify my years especially in financial. Gosh... What a hell i couldn't think bout entertainment & lock myself in front of PC to keep learning to paint. Hee.. it was fun and the pain is necessary. This is a major turning point to my art-life due to blindly keep working for no purposes over the past years. So whoever don't understand me. You are certainly not yet into the path i walked on now. So, marching on, pals!

After left the company, i studied Zbrush & XSI throught video tutorial. Almost half of a year i spent into that. Unfortunately, i still couldn't modelling something to proud of. And it is too extreme & advance to me. Well, i was trying to model a human. The toughest subject & prohibition in beginner's level. It will fail your confidence very easily. Yes, it failed me. And, it was a fun trip. At least i understand what are the major flow in modelling, texturing & lighting. After that, i got into Maya due to much easier to find video tutorial to study. I love working in Maya despite the Rendering system is not much appealig to me comparing to XSI. After that, i explored more into video editing(again) & very excited to explore Adobe After Effects too. It is a wonderful tools.

After a plenty of trial & error in Maya, i decide to study the basic & foundation of Art. It could saves alot of effort to tweak & pull the vertices in the modelling. So, i decided to drop out 3D applications until i mastering my Art foundation especially Human Anatomy. Well, i was actually learnt 2D + 3D at the same year. I couldn't hacked both at the same while.

Haha..and i watched alot of movies to gain back 2 years of entertainment loneliness during working years. Dat's it. I even addict into TV series. Dat's unhealthy. Lucky i don't addict much into gaming. Anyway, i finished GOW. haha.. The first PS2 game i wanted to complete it!

Yeah, i almost forgotten my PC SPOILT. And i almost lost hopes. It was my only working machine. My worst Chinese New year of my life.
Thx to my sista to sponsor on a new rig. Thx to the technician who burned the processor. THX SO MUCH!

And i got a few job offers. And there was one opportunity to be concept artist but i was poorly in human anatomy. Haha. I want to be rounder artist; at least handle the solid painting + drawing skills.

No comments: